Rules of Right form of Verb
(You must know tense, person, singular and plural form)
📘Use of V₁
1. Present Indefinite tense এ সর্বদা V1 হয়।
👉 Example: I play football every day.
Note: subject 3rd person singular number hole verb er শেষে s/es/ies যুক্ত করতে হয়। এবং sentence এ Always
Usually, Generally,Normally,Often, Frequently, Regularly, Sometimes, Occasionally, everyday etc. থাকলে sentence টি সাধারণত present indefinite tense হয়।
Example: He usually (drinks) coffee.
His mother (gives) him money everyday.
2. Preposition to এর পরে V1 হয়।
👉 Example: I want to go there.
3. Modal auxiliary Verb এর পরে V1 হয়।
👉 Example: You can do it.
4. সার্বজনীন সত্য (universal truth) sentence এ V1 হয়।
👉 Example: The sun (rises) in the east.
5. Do verb (do, did, does) এর পরে V1 হয়।
👉 Example: He does (work) hard.
👉 I didn’t (know) you.
6. Imperative Sentence এ V1 হয়।
👉 Example: Open the door.
👉Never tell a lie.
7. let, had better, had rather, could better, could rather এর পরে V1 হয়।
👉 Example: Let him go.
👉 You had better (leave) the place.
8. Here and there যুক্ত exclamatory sentence এ V1 হয়।
👉 Example: Here comes the bus!
👉There you (go)!
9. “make”, “help”, “see”, “hear” (causative verbs) এর পরে V1 হয়।
👉 Example: She made me (cry).
👉I saw him (run).
👉 Example: God (bless) you.
Long (live) the king.
10. বাস্তব নয়, বরং ইচ্ছা বা শর্ত বোঝাতে subjunctive mood ব্যবহার হয়।(অবাস্তব ইচ্ছা/কল্পনা)
👉It is important that he (be) present.
👉 এটা জরুরি যে, সে উপস্থিত থাকে।
God (bless) you.
👉 ঈশ্বর তোমাকে আশীর্বাদ করুন।
Long (live) the king.
👉 রাজা দীর্ঘজীবী হোক।
📘 Use of V₂
1. Past Indefinite Tense এ ব্যবহৃত হয়।
👉 Example: He (went) to school yesterday.
2. It is time / It is high time এর পরে subject থাকলে past simple tense হয় অর্থাৎ V₂ বসে।
👉 Example: It is high time we (started) our work.
3. Sentence এ যদি familiar word/phrase থাকে — যেমন ago, long ago, yesterday, last night, last week, last month, last year, since, once upon a time ইত্যাদি — তবে past simple tense অর্থাৎ V₂ বসে।
👉 Example: Once upon a time there (lived) a king.
4. If, wish, fancy এর পরে be verb থাকলে were বসে অর্থাৎ V₂ (Unreal condition)
👉 Example: I wish I (were) a bird.
5. Past perfect tense এ প্রথম clause এ had + V₃ থাকলে (before) পরের clause এ past simple tense অর্থাৎ V₂ বসে। এবং পরের clause এ had+V3 থাকলে (after ) প্রথম clause এ V2 হয়।
👉 Example: he had finished his homework before he (went) to bed.
I had (reached) school after the bell rung.
6. No sooner had…V3…than+ sub+ V2
scarcely had…V3…when +sub+ V2
hardly had…V3…when+sub+V2 এর (একটি কাজ হতে না হতে আরেকটি কাজ হওয়া)
👉 Example: No sooner had he reached the station than the train (left).
7. Polite expression এ ভদ্রতা প্রকাশে V₂ ব্যবহৃত হয়। would could+v1 ও হয়)
👉 Example: I (wanted) to ask you something.
👉 Example: I (wanted) to ask you something.
📘 Use of V₃
1. Perfect tense এ V₃ হয়।(হবে verb+ V3)
👉 Example: I have (written) a letter.
2. Passive Voice এ সর্বদা V₃ হয় (be verb + V₃)।
👉 Example: It is (known) to us.
3. To be, be, being, been, gets, got, getting, having এর পর V₃ হয়।
👉 Example: A letter is being (written) now.
👉 Example: The work is to be (done) immediately.
4. Adjective হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হয় — যখন verb কাজ শেষ হয়ে অবস্থা বোঝায়।
5. 👉 Example: A (broken) chair, a (tired) man.
Just, Just now,Already ,Yet,Recently, the meantime etc. থাকলে present perfect tense হয়।
👉I have already (done) my home work.
📘 Use of V + ing
1. সকল continuous tense e Verb এর সাথে ing হয়।
👉 I (am learning) English now.
Note: now, right now, at this moment, at this very moment, at the moment, currently etc. থাকলে সাধারণত present continuous tense হয়।
👉He (is working) currently.
2. While এর পর main verb এর সাথে ing হয়।
Note: তবে while এর পরে sub থাকলে past continuous tense হয়।
👉 While he (was walking) we saw him.
👉 Example: While reading, I fell asleep.
3. যদি simple sentence‑এ দুটি verb থাকে, দ্বিতীয় verb এর সাথে ing হয়।তবে উদ্দ্যেশ্য বোঝালে to+verb হবে।
👉 Example: He came running to me.
4. Subject ও object এর স্থানে main verb এর সাথে ing হয়।
👉 Example: I saw him playing football.
5. Accustomed to, addicted to, adhere to, with a view to, look forward to, get used to, be used to, mind, could you mind, cannot help, could not help ইত্যাদির পরে main verb এর সাথে ing হয়।
👉 Example: I look forward to meeting you.
👉 Example: She is (reading) a book.
6. To ব্যতীত সকল Preposition এর পরে verb এর সাথে ing হয়।
👉 Example: He left without (saying) goodbye.
👉 Example: He went out after (finishing) his homework.
7. Feel like এর পরে verb এর সাথে ing হয়।
*Conditions of ‘If’
1. If+ present Indefinite~~~Future Indefinite
👉 Example: If you read, you will make a good result.
2. If+ past indefinite~~~ Sub+ would/might/could+V1
👉 If you believed me, I would help you.
3. If+ past perfect ~~~ Sub+ would have/could have/might have+ V3
👉 If you had played well, they might have rewarded you.
0 condition. If+ present indefinite ~~~ present indefinite.
👉 If the sun rises, we get light.
0 Comments