Tag Question ⁉️
• Sentence এর শেষে জুর আরূপ স্বরূপ প্রশ্ন জুড়ে দেওয়াকে tag/tail question বলে।
• Steps:-
• পূর্ন sentence টি উঠাতে হবে+comma (,) (অবশ্যই)
• Tense ও person অনুযায়ী Auxiliary verb+( n’t)
• Subject এর pronoun+?
Rule-1 Sentence টি Affirmative হলে Negative, Negative হলে Affirmative tag করতে হবে।
Their work was appropriate, wasn’t it?
He doesn’t come today, does he?
Rule-2 : Sentence এ Auxiliary Verb থাকলে উক্ত verb নিতে হবে।এবং Auxiliary Verb না থাকলে
V1 থাকলে do/don’t
V2 থাকলে did/didn’t
V+s থাকলে does/doesn’t
Our work is easy, isn’t it?
They could come today, couldn’t they?
You come everyday, don’t you?
She and her family lived in Dhaka, didn’t they?
The old man catches fish, doesn’t he?
Rule : 3 imperative sentence হলেই tag হবে will you?
Imperative sentence চিনার উপায়:
আদেশ --- verb+ extension
Close the door,will you?
নিষেধ --- Don’t+verb+ extension
Don’t go back, will you?
অনুরোধ--- Please/Kindly+verb+ extension
Kindly, give me some food,will you?
উপদেশ --- Never/Always +Verb+ extension
Always speak the truth,will you?
অনুমতি --- Let+ ব্যক্তি বাচক object+ Verb+ extension
Let them play together.will you?
প্রস্তাব--- Let’s/ Let us+ Verb+ extension.
Note: Let’s/Let us দ্বারা শুরু হলে shall we?
Let’s visit Cox’s Bazar,shall we?
Rule-4 Sentence-টি I am দিয়ে শুরু হলে তাকে Tag Question-এ রূপান্তরের সময় I am-এর পরিবর্তে aren’t I বসে।
I am happy, --------? Ans. I am happy, aren’t I?
Rule-5 Need/needs যদি কোনো Assertive sentence-এর verb হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হয় তবে need-এর পরিবর্তে Tense ও person অনুযায়ী don't/doesn't/didn't বসে এবং need যদি Auxiliary verb হিসেবে বসে needn't/need দিয়ে tag করতে হয়।
I need your help, --------? Ans. I need your help, don't I?
She needs a pen, --------? Ans. She needs a pen, doesn't she?
You needed a blanket, --------? Ans. You needed a blanket, didn't you?
You needn't worry, --------? Ans. You needn't worry, need you?
Rule-6 কোনো Assertive sentence-এর subject যদি nothing/anything/something/everything হয়, তাহলে tag question-এর subject হিসেবে এদের পরিবর্তে it বসে।
Nothing is certain, --------? Ans. Nothing is certain, is it?
Something is better than nothing ,-------? Ans. Something is better than nothing, isn’t it?
কোনো sentence-এর subject যদি everybody / somebody / anybody / everyone / someone / anyone / nobody / none / all / one / no one ইত্যাদি হয় তবে tag question-এর subject হিসেবে এদের পরিবর্তে they বসে।
Everybody likes flowers, -----------? Ans. Everybody likes flowers, don't they?
Somebody came here, -----------? Ans. Somebody came here, didn't they?
Anybody can do this, -----------? Ans. Anybody can do this, can't they?
Everyone has left the place, -----------? Ans. Everyone has left the place, haven't they?
Someone will go there, -----------? Ans. Someone will go there, won't they?
Anyone may answer, -----------? Ans. Anyone may answer, mayn't they?
Nobody phoned, -----------? Ans. Nobody phoned, did they?
None can help you, -----------? Ans. None can help you, can they?
Rule-7 কোনো sentence-এর subject যদি all of us / some of us / everyone of us / most of us থাকে, তবে tag question-এর subject হিসেবে সাধারণত we বসে।
All of us attended the meeting, -----------? Ans. All of us attended the meeting, didn't we?
None of us can solve this problem, -----------? None of us can solve this problem, can we?
Rule-8 সংকুচিত sentence-এর মধ্যে subject ও verb সংক্ষিপ্ত আকারে অবস্থান করে। সেক্ষেত্রে প্রথমে সংক্ষিপ্ত আকারটির প্রকৃত রূপ নির্ণয় করে tag question করতে হয়।Verb এর form দেখে বুঝতে হবে।
যেমন—
I'd meet you, -----------?Ans. I'd meet you, wouldn't I?
(উপরের sentence-এ I'd-এর প্রকৃত রূপ I would)
They'd gone to Chattogram, -----------? Ans. They'd gone to Chattogram, hadn't they?
(উপরের sentence-এ they'd-এর প্রকৃত রূপ they had)
Rule- 9 কোনো sentence-এ hardly, seldom, few, little, scarcely, rarely, merely, barely ইত্যাদি negative অর্থবোধক শব্দ থাকলে sentence-টিও negative অর্থবোধক হয় এবং তার tag affirmative হয়।
He hardly visits our house, -----------? Ans. He hardly visits our house, does he?
তবে a few ও a little ইতিবাচক অর্থ প্রকাশ করে। তাই তার tag negative হয়।Ranjan has a few friends, -----------? Ans. Ranjan has a few friends, hasn't he?
Rule-10 প্রদত্ত sentence-এ common noun-টি (যেমন : the mother, the beast) যদি abstract noun-এর মতো কাজ করে, তবে tag question-এর subject হিসেবে এটির পরিবর্তে it বসে।
The mother rose in her, -----------? Ans. The mother rose in her, didn't it?
Rule-11 যেহেতু earth, moon, country, ship, river, motherland ইত্যাদি শব্দকে feminine হিসেবে ধরা হয়, তাই প্রদত্ত sentence-টিতে যদি এগুলি subject থাকে, তবে tag question-এ এগুলোর পরিবর্তে subject she হবে। তবে আধুনিক নিয়মে it নিয়েও করা যায়।
The moon shines at night, --------?
Ans. The moon shines at night, doesn't she?
Ans. The moon shines at night, doesn’t it?
Rule- 12 Adjective-এর পূর্বে the থাকলে adjective-টি plural common noun হয় এবং তার পর plural verb বসে। তাই প্রদত্ত sentence-এ যদি এ জাতীয় subject (যেমন the poor, the rich, the pious etc.) থাকে, তবে tag question-এর subject হিসেবে they বসে।
The poor are not always unhappy, --------? Ans. The poor are not always unhappy, are they?
Rule-13 Proverb বা প্রবাদ বাক্যকে plural মনে হলেও তার tag সব সময় it হয়।
All that glitters is not gold, --------? Ans. All that glitters is not gold, is it?
Rule- 14 প্রদত্ত sentence-টি complex হলে, tag question করার সময় সাধারণত principal clause-এর tag হয়। তবে sub-ordinate clause যদি একান্তই অধিক গুরুত্বপূর্ণ হয় তবে sub-ordinate clause-টিরও tag হতে পারে।
If you want, I will help you, --------? Ans. If you want, I will help you, won't I?
Rule- 15 প্রদত্ত sentence-এর দু'টি subject both -------- and দ্বারা যুক্ত হলে tag question-এর subject they হয়। কিন্তু যদি sentence-এর দু'টো subject not only -------- but also দ্বারা যুক্ত হয় তবে দ্বিতীয় subject এবং তার verb অনুযায়ী tag করতে হয়।
Both Jamal and Jamil were present, --------? Ans. Both Jamal and Jamil were present, weren't they?
Not only Protiva but also her friends have attended the programme, --------? Ans. Not only Protiva but also her friends have attended the programme, haven't they?
Rule- 16 along with, together with, as well as, accompanied by, with, in addition to, besides, including, rather than, like, unlike, except, except for, no less than এই phrase গুলি দ্বারা দুটি subject যুক্ত হলে প্রথম subject অনুযায়ী verb বসে, এবং প্রথম subject অনুযায়ী tag করতে হয়।
Rahim, along with his friends, is present, isn’t he?
The teacher, as well as the students, was happy, wasn’t she?
Karim, together with his brother, has completed the work, hasn’t he?
The principal, accompanied by the teachers, was present, wasn’t he?
My father, with his colleagues, has gone to Dhaka, hasn’t he?
Rule-17 not only … but also, either … or, neither … nor, or, nor, whether … or, not … but, none but এই phrase গুলি দ্বারা দুটি subject যুক্ত হলে দ্বিতীয় subject অনুযায়ী verb বসে, এবং দ্বিতীয় subject অনুযায়ী tag করতে হয়।
Not only Rahim but also his friends are present, aren’t they?
Either you or he is responsible, isn’t he?
Neither the boys nor the teacher was absent, was she?
Whether you or I am selected, aren’t I?
Not Rahim but Karim has done it, hasn’t he?
None but the students were present, were they?
Made Md Zakarya Sir = 01751545250
0 Comments